4.3.92 test release on alpha.gnu.org

I've uploaded the source tarball for the 4.3.92 test release to
alpha.gnu.org.  They are available from

   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/octave-4.3.92.tar.bz2
   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/octave-4.3.92.tar.lz

Windows binaries will be uploaded as soon as they are available.

With some luck, this will be the last test release and 4.4.0 will appear
sometime next week.

We could use testing on systems other than x86_64 running Debian and Fedora.

Re: 4.3.92 test release on alpha.gnu.org

José Luis García Pallero
Hello:

I'm trying to compile the new alpha in Debian Sid but in the configure
step I obtain the message

WARNING: Your installation of Qt version 5 appears incomplete or
broken in some way.  Fix that or use --with-qt=VER to use another
version.

If I use QT4 all goes right, but not with QT5. I obtain also the message

Build Octave Qt GUI:                  no (missing:Qt5Help)

but I have installed the package libqt5help5, as well as all the other
QT5 packages. Also configure doesn't find Lapack libraries, but I have
installed liblapack-dev and liblapacke-dev

Have you any idea about these warnings?

Cheers

> I've uploaded the source tarball for the 4.3.92 test release to
> alpha.gnu.org.  They are available from
>
>   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/octave-4.3.92.tar.bz2
>   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/octave-4.3.92.tar.lz
>
> Windows binaries will be uploaded as soon as they are available.
>
> With some luck, this will be the last test release and 4.4.0 will appear
> sometime next week.
>
> We could use testing on systems other than x86_64 running Debian and Fedora.
>
> jwe

José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!

Re: 4.3.92 test release on alpha.gnu.org

Mike Miller-4
On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 18:08:16 +0200, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> If I use QT4 all goes right, but not with QT5. I obtain also the message
>
> Build Octave Qt GUI:                  no (missing:Qt5Help)
>
> but I have installed the package libqt5help5, as well as all the other
> QT5 packages.

Please try installing the qttools5-dev package. You can find this with

    apt-file search libQt5Help.so
    apt-file search Qt5Help.pc

> Also configure doesn't find Lapack libraries, but I have
> installed liblapack-dev and liblapacke-dev

Is this a warning or an error? What is the exact message? Do you run
configure with any --with-blas or --with-lapack options?

You should only need to install libblas-dev and liblapack-dev. Octave
doesn't use LAPACKE. If you also have any libatlas or libopenblas
packages installed, there might be some interference from these.

Re: 4.3.92 test release on alpha.gnu.org

siko1056
John W. Eaton wrote
> I've uploaded the source tarball for the 4.3.92 test release to
> alpha.gnu.org.  [...]
>
> We could use testing on systems other than x86_64 running Debian and
> Fedora.
>
> jwe

With openSUSE 42.3 everything looks fine ([1] don't be confused by the
version number in the header, it is hard coded and not updated yet):

  PASS                            14873
  FAIL                                0
  XFAIL (reported bug)               34
  SKIP (missing feature)            138
  SKIP (run-time condition)          27

Everything in configure works fine too.  All libraries are recognized
properly.

Kai.

[1] https://octave.space/latest/build.html