A new Octave function for getting modular inverse matrices

A new Octave function for getting modular inverse matrices

Fausto Abraham Jacques
Hello,

I write to you this time to make all the Octave community know that there is a new function available. I wrote it to obtain modular inverse matrices variable sized with no-theoretical limit.

This kind of matrices can be very helpful when working with symmetric cryptography and some computer science topics.

You can access to:
  • DOI:
  • 10.13140/RG.2.2.34784.12809

    As you know, you can call the function as:

    A=randi(99, 4);
    X=invmodJac(A, 131);
    disp(X);

    Where A is the matrix, and 131 is the modulo you want to work with.

    I hope this function may be helpful to you.

    If you want to know more about it, you can email me.

    Cheers,
    --
    Abe Jacques

    "God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from himself, because it is not there." C.S. Lewis

    Re: A new Octave function for getting modular inverse matrices

    nrjank
    > I write to you this time to make all the Octave community know that there is a new function available. I wrote it to obtain modular inverse matrices variable sized with no-theoretical limit.

    - are you proposing that octave incorporate this function into it's current offering?  i looked at the linked m-file and it appears to currently have no specified license and usage statement.

    - is this implementing something currently present in Matlab that we would need to be concerned about functional compatibility?

    - a quick search just turned up two patches:

    that appear to involve this code.  is the code the same in the patch tracker and on the linked researchgate?  have you looked into the code changes recommended on the patch tracker to bring them up to what's needed for Octave inclusion?

    Fwd: A new Octave function for getting modular inverse matrices

    Fausto Abraham Jacques