About Timer function.

YoungJin
This post was updated on .
Hell all,

I just looking for timer function (same as timer in MATLAB) in Octave 3.8.2 (windows- unofficial).

Please let me know if there is timer function or similar function in Octave?

thank you.

Thanks YoungJin

Re: About Timer function.

marco atzeri-2

On 09/09/2014 22:41, microbme wrote:

> Hell all,
>
> I just looking for timer function (same as timer in MATLAB) in Octave 3.8.2
> (windows- unofficial).
>
> Please let me know if there is timer function or similar function in Octave?
>
> thank you.
>
> Best Regards,
> YoungJin

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Timing-Utilities.html#Timing-Utilities

sleep should be near to your needs.

Re: About Timer function.

Mike Miller
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:08:58 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 09/09/2014 22:41, microbme wrote:
> >Hell all,
> >
> >I just looking for timer function (same as timer in MATLAB) in Octave 3.8.2
> >(windows- unofficial).
> >
> >Please let me know if there is timer function or similar function in Octave?

Not yet. See this open feature request:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32316

If you want asynchronous timer functionality, it is not yet implemented.

> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Timing-Utilities.html#Timing-Utilities
>
> sleep should be near to your needs.

Yes, for synchronous timing, you can use pause, sleep, or usleep.