About octave server information

Jannatul Ferdush
Dear sir,
    For my research work, it needs to know about server configuration for octave to run matlab code. Can you please provide it?

Waiting for your reply.

regards
Jannatul Ferdush

Re: About octave server information

siko1056
On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 3:04 PM Jannatul Ferdush <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear sir,
    For my research work, it needs to know about server configuration for octave to run matlab code. Can you please provide it?

Waiting for your reply.

regards
Jannatul Ferdush

Dear  Jannatul Ferdush,

To me it is not clear what "server configuration" you are asking for?  GNU Octave is like Matlab basically a client software, so please can you be more verbose about your intended use?

Kai.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 5:26 PM Jannatul Ferdush <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for your response. Sir, actually I have a matlab code that needs to run on cloud. Thats why I think to use octave but it is so slow than matlab. How can I run my matlab code on cloud with same speed?

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 9:26 PM Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 3:04 PM Jannatul Ferdush <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear sir,
    For my research work, it needs to know about server configuration for octave to run matlab code. Can you please provide it?

Waiting for your reply.

regards
Jannatul Ferdush

Dear  Jannatul Ferdush,

To me it is not clear what "server configuration" you are asking for?  GNU Octave is like Matlab basically a client software, so please can you be more verbose about your intended use?

Kai.

> Thank you for your response. Sir, actually I have a matlab code that needs to run on cloud. Thats why I think to use octave but it is so slow than matlab. How can I run my matlab code on cloud with same speed?

Generic answer to a very vague and generic problem description:

a) Buy a faster cloud setup.
b) Analyse what makes the code execution "so slow" in Octave (best do it offline without cloud and a reduced data set).  Common problems:
i) Access data in multiple for-loops ==> vectorization
ii) Allocate lots of memory inside a for-loop ==> memory preallocation

Unless you do not provide very detailed information about your intended setup, the code you are running, or the data you are processing, no one (at least not me) on this mailing list is able to help you.

Kai.