Adding set of scripts to Octave's "command path"

Adding set of scripts to Octave's "command path"

Carlos Enrique Manglano-Villamarín
Hello everyone,

I got the following issue:
I have inherited a set of m-files for image processing from a work mate and we would like to test-fix-use in octave from now on.
Instead of copying all of them to the folder where the images are, I would like to add their location to octave “command path”, and
call them from any working folder I might be in the future.
How can I do this? I’m sure it’s a simple step-by-step fix, but I am a bit thick today and cannot find the appropriate commands to do that.

Thanks!
Carlos

Re: Adding set of scripts to Octave's "command path"

Sebastian Schöps
Carlos Enrique Manglano-Villamarín wrote
I got the following issue:
I have inherited a set of m-files for image processing from a work mate and we would like to test-fix-use in octave from now on.
Instead of copying all of them to the folder where the images are, I would like to add their location to octave “command path”, and
call them from any working folder I might be in the future.
How can I do this? I’m sure it’s a simple step-by-step fix, but I am a bit thick today and cannot find the appropriate commands to do that.
Did you try to look for this issue in the manual? https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Manipulating-the-Load-Path.html

Sebastian