Quantcast

Automake 1.14

I'd like to start using the %reldir% feature that was introduced in
Automake 1.14, released in 2013.

Are there any active maintainers who for some reason don't already have,
or can't update to at least this version of automake?  If so, please let
me know why/how this change would cause trouble for you.

This will only affect people who are building from the hg archive.
Building from a tarball does not require automake.

Re: Automake 1.14

bpabbott
Administrator
> On May 15, 2017, at 6:30 AM, John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'd like to start using the %reldir% feature that was introduced in Automake 1.14, released in 2013.
>
> Are there any active maintainers who for some reason don't already have, or can't update to at least this version of automake?  If so, please let me know why/how this change would cause trouble for you.
>
> This will only affect people who are building from the hg archive. Building from a tarball does not require automake.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwe

On MacOS, the Fink and MacPorts package managers have automake 1.15 available.

Ben

Re: Automake 1.14

John Swensen-3
Homebrew on MacOS also has Automake 1.15 as the current default version.

John S.

> On May 15, 2017, at 8:20 AM, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On May 15, 2017, at 6:30 AM, John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to start using the %reldir% feature that was introduced in Automake 1.14, released in 2013.
>>
>> Are there any active maintainers who for some reason don't already have, or can't update to at least this version of automake?  If so, please let me know why/how this change would cause trouble for you.
>>
>> This will only affect people who are building from the hg archive. Building from a tarball does not require automake.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> jwe
>
> On MacOS, the Fink and MacPorts package managers have automake 1.15 available.
>
> Ben

Re: Automake 1.14

Dmitri A. Sergatskov
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:30 AM, John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd like to start using the %reldir% feature that was introduced in Automake 1.14, released in 2013.

Are there any active maintainers who for some reason don't already have, or can't update to at least this version of automake?  If so, please let me know why/how this change would cause trouble for you.

This will only affect people who are building from the hg archive. Building from a tarball does not require automake.

Thanks,

jw
​e

Fedora 25 has automake 1.15​

Dmitri.

Re: Automake 1.14

Mike Miller-4
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 09:30:39 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> I'd like to start using the %reldir% feature that was introduced in Automake
> 1.14, released in 2013.
>
> Are there any active maintainers who for some reason don't already have, or
> can't update to at least this version of automake?  If so, please let me
> know why/how this change would cause trouble for you.
>
> This will only affect people who are building from the hg archive. Building
> from a tarball does not require automake.

I was thinking about this recently, seems like it's time. I regularly
build on stable systems that all have Automake 1.14, so that should be
fine.

By the way, Automake 1.14 requires Autoconf 2.65, so we could bump our
AC_PREREQ at the same time. Maybe some legacy macros we could drop or
some new features we could use.