Bitmat to matrix ?

Petr Mikulik
Is there a function which can read BMP image into a matrix?
If so, is it available as m-script?

Thanks.
***  Petr Mikulik, [hidden email]
***     Laboratory of Thin Films and Nanostructures
***     Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
***  http://www.sci.muni.cz/~mikulik/   (X-rays,freeware,OS/2,C++,TeX)

Bitmat to matrix ?

John W. Eaton-6
On 19-May-1998, Petr Mikulik <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Is there a function which can read BMP image into a matrix?
| If so, is it available as m-script?

I don't know of one.  I think the best bet for this sort of thing is
to use the netpbm tools to convert your image format to a portable
bitmap file, then modify Octave's image routines so they can load pbm,
pgm, and ppm files.  If anyone is interested in working on that
probject, please contact me.

RE: Bitmat to matrix ?

Guido Dietz-3
On 20-May-98 John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 19-May-1998, Petr Mikulik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>| Is there a function which can read BMP image into a matrix?
>| If so, is it available as m-script?
>
> I don't know of one.  I think the best bet for this sort of thing is
> to use the netpbm tools to convert your image format to a portable
> bitmap file, then modify Octave's image routines so they can load pbm,
> pgm, and ppm files.  If anyone is interested in working on that
> probject, please contact me.
I saw, we have a -might be working- loadbmp as .m file. It was written by so
for Matlab and adapted to octave-1.x. It *might* work at once ... if not and
you you fixed the bugs, could you send it back to me, please ;-))

G.

loadbmp.m (3K) Download Attachment