Brightness Temperature binary files

Hernan
Hi all,

I would be very grateful if someone can help me with this issue:

I am trying to open binary files (images) with the following properties:

Variable: Brightness Temperature or Tb (in tenths of Kelvin)
Arch.: 2-byte integers in flat binaries arrays, little endian order
Spatial resol.: 25 km x 25 km
Temporal resol.: 1 day (per file)
Proj.: South Polar Stereographic (true at 70 degrees)
Grid size: 316 columns x 332 rows

Does anybody know which would be the optimal way (or package) to open and process them?
Thank you very much in advance!

Hernán

Re: Brightness Temperature binary files

Nir Krakauer-3

Re: Brightness Temperature binary files

Kire Pudsje

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:26 PM, hersala <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I would be very grateful if someone can help me with this issue:

I am trying to open binary files (images) with the following properties:

Variable: Brightness Temperature or Tb (in tenths of Kelvin)
Arch.: 2-byte integers in flat binaries arrays, little endian order
Spatial resol.: 25 km x 25 km
Temporal resol.: 1 day (per file)
Proj.: South Polar Stereographic (true at 70 degrees)
Grid size: 316 columns x 332 rows

Does anybody know which would be the optimal way (or package) to open and process them?
Thank you very much in advance!

Hernán

Untested code:
[fid,msg] = fopen(fname, 'r', 'l');
if fid >= 0
  data = 0.1 * fread(fid, [332,316], 'int16');
  % data = 0.1 * fread(fid, [316,332], 'int16')';
  fclose(fid);
else
  error(msg);
end