Building With PCRE

Feuerbacher, Alan

Hi,

I’m trying to install Octave 3.4.2 on a company computer running Red Hat Linux 5, and I found that PCRE needs to be installed. I did that, but because I’m not the sysadmin for my company’s systems I had to install PCRE in my local directory structure. The problem is that there does not appear to be any way to tell Octave’s configure script where to find the PCRE library. The configure script has no flags for it (like, say, --with-pcre-libdir=DIR), and I can’t figure out how the configure script determines where the PCRE library is.

Any suggestions?

Alan Feuerbacher

Building With PCRE

On  5-Aug-2011, Feuerbacher, Alan wrote:

| Hi,
|

| I?m trying to install Octave 3.4.2 on a company computer running Red Hat Linux
| 5, and I found that PCRE needs to be installed. I did that, but because I?m not
| the sysadmin for my company?s systems I had to install PCRE in my local
| directory structure. The problem is that there does not appear to be any way to
| tell Octave?s configure script where to find the PCRE library. The configure
| script has no flags for it (like, say, --with-pcre-libdir=DIR), and I can?t
| figure out how the configure script determines where the PCRE library is.
|

| Any suggestions?

Use something like

  configure CPPFLAGS="-I/home/pcre/include" LDFLAGS="-L/home/pcre/lib"