Building sundials-ida in MXE-Octave

Avinoam
Hi,

How do I build MXE-Octave that includes sundials-ida package?

Thanks,

Avinoam

RE: Building sundials-ida in MXE-Octave

JohnD

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 12:12:09 -0700 (MST)
> From: Avinoam <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Building sundials-ida in MXE-Octave
>
> Hi,
>
> How do I build MXE-Octave that includes sundials-ida package?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Avinoam

I had created a sundials package and commited to mxe-octave
(sundials-ida.mk), so to build it, you should be able to run
make  sundials-ida

You will then have to rebuild default-octave and see if It will detect and
use it

RE: Building sundials-ida in MXE-Octave

Avinoam
JohnD wrote

>> Message: 2
>> Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 12:12:09 -0700 (MST)
>> From: Avinoam &lt;

> a.kalma@

> &gt;

> octave-maintainers@

>> Subject: Building sundials-ida in MXE-Octave

> 1504033929456-4684713.post@.nabble

>> Hi,
>>
>> How do I build MXE-Octave that includes sundials-ida package?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Avinoam
>>

> I had created a sundials package and commited to mxe-octave
> (sundials-ida.mk), so to build it, you should be able to run
> make  sundials-ida
>
> You will then have to rebuild default-octave and see if It will detect and
> use it

Thanks, I build the sundials-ida package with "make sundials-ida", but when
I have tried to build  default-octave, the configuration stage failed:

checking for nvector/nvector_serial.h... yes
checking for N_VNew_Serial in -lsundials_nvecserial... yes
checking ida/ida.h usability... yes
checking ida/ida.h presence... yes
checking for ida/ida.h... yes
checking for IDAInit in -lsundials_ida... yes
checking whether Sundials IDA is configured with double precision
realtype... configure: error: in
`/home/avinoam/mxe-octave/tmp-default-octave/octave-4.3.0+/.build':
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Avinoam

Re: Building sundials-ida in MXE-Octave

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 20:37:46 -0700, Avinoam wrote:

> checking for nvector/nvector_serial.h... yes
> checking for N_VNew_Serial in -lsundials_nvecserial... yes
> checking ida/ida.h usability... yes
> checking ida/ida.h presence... yes
> checking for ida/ida.h... yes
> checking for IDAInit in -lsundials_ida... yes
> checking whether Sundials IDA is configured with double precision
> realtype... configure: error: in
> `/home/avinoam/mxe-octave/tmp-default-octave/octave-4.3.0+/.build':
> configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
>
> How can I fix this problem?
You can help make the tests for SUNDIALS cross-compile-safe. All of the
AC_RUN_IFELSE tests in Octave have fallback cases for cross-compiling,
except for this one test. Some logic will have to be added to tell
configure what the results of this test should be if it can't execute
the test. Either a "yes" assumption, or some way of checking a header
file with grep or some similar test.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?51904