Calling Python from Octave and vice versa

Calling Python from Octave and vice versa

Dipankar “Dipu” Ganguly
MATLAB now has ways to work with Python, both ways. Is there a way to do the same with Octave on my Mac OS 10.12.4 based system? I am running Octave 4.2.

Thanks

Dipu

Dipankar “Dipu” Ganguly
Cell: 408-203-8814

Re: Calling Python from Octave and vice versa

Mike Miller-4
On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 12:34:00 -0700, Dipankar “Dipu” Ganguly wrote:
> MATLAB now has ways to work with Python, both ways. Is there a way to
> do the same with Octave on my Mac OS 10.12.4 based system? I am
> running Octave 4.2.

Yes, there is a Python interface in development. I don't think we have
had any volunteers to test it on macOS yet. If you are interested in
helping to test it, check out http://wiki.octave.org/Python_interface
and contact me if you need help getting started.

Can you clarify what you mean by Matlab working with Python "both ways"?

Re: Calling Python from Octave and vice versa

Dipankar “Dipu” Ganguly
Thanks Mike.

I would be interested in learning more about how best to test this new implementation.

By “both ways” I simply meant calling Octave form Python and calling Python from Octave.

Best.

Dipu

Dipankar Ganguly
Consultant: Strategy/Technology/Commercialization
Bothell, WA
Cell: 408-203-8814
email: [hidden email]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dipugee