Can't update after pulling

Dildar Sk
I was trying to update my Octave.
So at first I pulled from hg,then I tried to update but a error is coming
instead of getting updated.

the error is:
updating to active bookmark @
abort: not a linear update
(merge or update --check to force update)

I think this is a mercurial problem of double heads.
Please confirm.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Can't update after pulling

Sahil
This post was updated on .
Dildar Sk wrote
> updating to active bookmark @
> abort: not a linear update
> (merge or update --check to force update)

you have divergent heads due to your own local changes. You can get through
this if you try to go back in commits and keep in line with the default
branch as follows:
1.) First execute `hg log --graph` and then stop the process. Look for your
local head in the DAG that just appeared.
2.) Note down the rev number 'x' through which your divergent head
originates (this rev is *in* the default branch).
3.) execute `hg up -r x` which will update your repo a few commits back
depending on the amount of commits that you have made locally.
4.) execute `hg up`. This shuold update your repo to the latest pull leaving
behind your local work. Moreover, if you think your local changes are
not-so-useful, then you can simply `hg strip` that head to rev x.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Can't update after pulling

Dildar Sk
Thank you,