Cannot Uninstall Octave 4.2.1

18YAO, JASON

Dear Octave help,

I have been trying to install GNU Octave onto my computer (a Lenovo Yoga 900 with windows 10). Because the GUI did not work, I uninstalled and tried using the octave-4.2.1-w32-installer.exe. However, I am unable to uninstall this version of octave and the uninstaller.exe file seems to be missing. I tried running the installer again to see if the uninstaller would appear, but it detects the already installed software and prompts me to uninstall before installing. Is there a method for recovering this file to help in uninstalling octave from my computer?

Please see attached screenshots of the problems I described.

Sincerely,

Jason

2017-07-21 (1).png (787K) Download Attachment
2017-07-21 (2).png (584K) Download Attachment
2017-07-21 (4).png (4M) Download Attachment

Re: Cannot Uninstall Octave 4.2.1

Philip Nienhuis
18YAO, JASON wrote
Dear Octave help,

I have been trying to install GNU Octave onto my computer (a Lenovo Yoga 900 with windows 10). Because the GUI did not work, I uninstalled and tried using the octave-4.2.1-w32-installer.exe<https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/octave-4.2.1-w32-installer.exe>. However, I am unable to uninstall this version of octave and the uninstaller.exe file seems to be missing. I tried running the installer again to see if the uninstaller would appear, but it detects the already installed software and prompts me to uninstall before installing. Is there a method for recovering this file to help in uninstalling octave from my computer?
1. Wipe the existing Octave-4.2.1 installation from disk.

2. Find the menu where you can install / uninstall programs (on my Win10 box it is in Settings | System | Apps & features), find Octave-4.2.1, and select to uninstall it. It probably will tell you "is already uninstalled, remove entry?" or s/th like that. Click the appropriate option (remove).

3. Reinstall Octave-4.2.1

Philip

Re: Cannot Uninstall Octave 4.2.1

Terry Duell
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 15:36:32 +1000, 18YAO, JASON <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please see attached screenshots of the problems I described.

Please don't attach such large files to mail list posts, it isn't good
etiquette.
If you must provide images, surely they can be downsized, or posted on
Dropbox or similar where those that need to see them can.

Cheers,
Terry Duell