Cannot slove error in Octave

awefjioawefjio
Hi all, I have a problem while trying to do numerical solution with Octave. I
got the following error while trying to run the script.
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373045/Picture1.png>

When I tried to remove the ";" I will get the following error.
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373045/Picture2.png>

I also noticed that there is nothing in the workspace. The weird part is
that the code works just fine on my friend's Octave. I just copy and paste
the code into my computer, but it does not run the script. Can anyone please
help?

Re: Cannot slove error in Octave

Sergei Steshenko

--

-------------------------

The first syntax error indicates the line with error. For example, there can be a problem with parenthesis mismatch, and the parser finds out that the semicolon does not resolve the problem of mismatch, that's why it's illegal.

"I just copy and paste the code into my computer" - do you really copy and paste between the two computers ? Or you copy a file between the computers ?

--Sergei.

Re: Cannot slove error in Octave

Doug Stewart-4

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018, 10:16 AM awefjioawefjio, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all, I have a problem while trying to do numerical solution with Octave. I
got the following error while trying to run the script.
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373045/Picture1.png>

When I tried to remove the ";" I will get the following error.
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373045/Picture2.png>

I also noticed that there is nothing in the workspace. The weird part is
that the code works just fine on my friend's Octave. I just copy and paste
the code into my computer, but it does not run the script. Can anyone please
help?

You are missing a closing round bracket

RE: Cannot slove error in Octave

Reed, Darren K. (MSFC-EV33)

Hi all, I have a problem while trying to do numerical solution with Octave. I got the following error while trying to run the script.
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373045/Picture1.png>

When I tried to remove the ";" I will get the following error.
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373045/Picture2.png>

I also noticed that there is nothing in the workspace. The weird part is that the code works just fine on my friend's Octave. I just copy and paste the code into my computer, but it does not run the script. Can anyone please help?

vI is not initialized as a vector or matrix
shown as a vector in line 9, 20, 21, 23 and 29;
vI is initialized as a constant double in line 12;