Command Historic

Leloup
Hello,

        When leaving Octave, I should like keeping historic of commands to
retrieve it for the next opening.
At this time, the command historic is erased at each opening.
        With Matlab, I can suppress the command lines which are not correct
while with Octave, I can't.

       Do you have any idea How do?

Best regards,

Le Loup.....The beginner.

Re: Command Historic

Doug Stewart-4

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 7:58 AM, Leloup <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

        When leaving Octave, I should like keeping historic of commands to
retrieve it for the next opening.
At this time, the command historic is erased at each opening.
        With Matlab, I can suppress the command lines which are not correct
while with Octave, I can't.

       Do you have any idea How do?

Best regards,

Le Loup.....The beginner.

what version of octave do you have?
what OS?
do you use the GUI?

Octave does remember all the history of commands.

--
DAS

Re: Command Historic

Leloup
Hello,

    Octave version 4.0
    Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon
    Yes, I use GUI

Regards,

Leloup

Re: Command Historic

Doug Stewart-4

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 4:45 AM, Leloup <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

    Octave version 4.0
    Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon
    Yes, I use GUI

OK!
in the GUI do you see the history window?
Is this what you want?
 or did you want the "diary" command?

Regards,

Leloup

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Command Historic

Leloup
Hello Doug,

 I don't know if for you this is the same. At the bottom right, window is
for the historic command. Each time, a Octave command is typed, it is saved
in this window. Nevertheless, in my case, after leaving Octave, the content
of history is canceled. I should like knowing what parameter is to be
changed in order to save the history of commands.

Regards,

Leloup