Compiling with JIT

Richard Crozier
Dear list,

What version (if any) of llvm is required to build with JIT enabled,
with the development sources?

I did a fresh clone and configured with llvm 3.4 but received an error
about missing TargetData.h when I ran make. I tried downgrading to 3.3,
but configure reports "llvm-config utility not found".

Regards,
Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Re: Compiling with JIT

bpabbott
Administrator
On Jun 23, 2014, at 7:27 AM, Richard Crozier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> What version (if any) of llvm is required to build with JIT enabled, with the development sources?
>
> I did a fresh clone and configured with llvm 3.4 but received an error about missing TargetData.h when I ran make. I tried downgrading to 3.3, but configure reports "llvm-config utility not found".
>
> Regards,
> Richard

LLVM 3.4 should be working for the "default" branch.

        http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41061

Ben

Re: Compiling with JIT

Richard Crozier
On 23/06/14 12:36, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2014, at 7:27 AM, Richard Crozier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> What version (if any) of llvm is required to build with JIT enabled, with the development sources?
>>
>> I did a fresh clone and configured with llvm 3.4 but received an error about missing TargetData.h when I ran make. I tried downgrading to 3.3, but configure reports "llvm-config utility not found".
>>
>> Regards,
>> Richard
>
> LLVM 3.4 should be working for the "default" branch.
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41061
>
> Ben

hmm, actually it seems to be working now that I've switched back to llvm
3.4. Maybe I'd not installed llvm-dev or something the first time, sorry
for the noise.