Crash repeatedly of Octave 4.4.0 on Win7

Crash repeatedly of Octave 4.4.0 on Win7

Michel
Hello,

    I changed of directory. The goal is to try old functions created with
Matlab in the past. When launching function, Octave crashes. I must kill
Octave in the Manager task.
   I checked paths. I dramatically reduced the function. I run line by line
the function in the command windows,without any problem. However, When
launching this function, Octave still crashes. I don't understand why.
   I don't see how you can help me. Maybe a log file somewhere?
 Do you have any idea?

Regards,

Leloup

Re: Crash repeatedly of Octave 4.4.0 on Win7

PhilipNienhuis
Michel wrote

> Hello,
>
>     I changed of directory. The goal is to try old functions created with
> Matlab in the past. When launching function, Octave crashes. I must kill
> Octave in the Manager task.
>    I checked paths. I dramatically reduced the function. I run line by
> line
> the function in the command windows,without any problem. However, When
> launching this function, Octave still crashes. I don't understand why.
>    I don't see how you can help me. Maybe a log file somewhere?
>  Do you have any idea?

No, sorry, since your description is much too vague.

Could you upload the function? Then we or others can try the function
ourselves.

Philip

Re: Crash repeatedly of Octave 4.4.0 on Win7

Michel
Some news about issue.
I inserted some temps that apparently preserve for crashing.
I simplified the pgm.
function a = toto;
%
disp('toto')
clear
close all
load Sig
pause (2)
SurechanT = "no";%"ye";
if SurechanT == "ye"
  Sch = interp(S,5);
  S = Sch(1:size(Sch,2)/5);
endif
CORRECTOR_D_ERROR = "B input";
pause(1)
ERROR_D_L_A = "P input";
pause(1)
[Pww,W] = periodogram(S); figure(1),plot(W/pi,10*log10(Pww),"-b"),grid
endfunction

What I get, something of crazy!
figure is OK
but
The working space:
A    double  Why is this variable not cleared!!!
CORRECTEUR_D_ERROR char  ??? This is an old variable
S double that seems OK
W double that seems OK
Where is
SurechanT?
CORRECTOR_D_ERROR?
ERROR_D_L_A?

Something dramatically fails with Octave.

A+  Michel

Re: Crash repeatedly of Octave 4.4.0 on Win7

Michel
Hello,

I must add. If I use the stop points at each line, it doesn't occur problem.
When saying temp, I mean pause (delay in s).
 At the starting, file to load I used had more than 1e6 points.So, I
experienced the fact to use the minimum 2s delay was efficient to avoid the
crash. Just after that, I changed its name and cleared the old name.
Another bad way was to load this big file in other directory in my PC. That
produced a crash.
Nevertheless, with Matlab, I didn't have any problem with this function
type.

Regards,

Michel

On 06/29/2018 08:30 AM, Michel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I must add. If I use the stop points at each line, it doesn't occur problem.
> When saying temp, I mean pause (delay in s).
>   At the starting, file to load I used had more than 1e6 points.So, I
> experienced the fact to use the minimum 2s delay was efficient to avoid the
> crash. Just after that, I changed its name and cleared the old name.
> Another bad way was to load this big file in other directory in my PC. That
> produced a crash.
> Nevertheless, with Matlab, I didn't have any problem with this function
> type.

Please submit a bug report that includes enough information for someone
to reproduce the problem.

Of course, we can't guarantee a fix just because you submit a report.
But this is the wrong place to ask for help (please use the
[hidden email] mailing list for that) or for reporting bugs (please
start here to report a bug: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/bugs.html).

Your previous message did not provide enough information for someone to
debug the problem.  You did not provide the data file "Sig" that you
load, so it is impossible to run the code you provided.

If you are looking for commercial support options, feel free to contact
me directly.