Creating GUI in Octave, possible?

Hanna Svensson
Hi all!

I would like to make a simple gui in octave, so that my non-programming friends can use my algos. In the gui I would like a button for choosing a file, two plots, some text/time information that the user can change, and a calender (for picking several dates). Is there any possibilty to do this in Octave directly?

From my understanding it would be tricky/impossible, but I'm not sure if I miss something.

Hanna

Re: Creating GUI in Octave, possible?

Andreas Weber-6
Am 13.10.2016 um 10:55 schrieb Hanna Svensson:
> I would like to make a simple gui in octave, so that my non-programming
> friends can use my algos. In the gui I would like a button for choosing
> a file, two plots, some text/time information that the user can change,
> and a calender (for picking several dates). Is there any possibilty to
> do this in Octave directly?

Sure, try the attached demo. It show you the usage of uicontrols you
want to use. Be sure to use >= GNU Octave 4.2.0-rc2

-- Andy

demo_uicontrol.m (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Creating GUI in Octave, possible?

Andreas Weber-6
Am 13.10.2016 um 10:55 schrieb Hanna Svensson:
> and a calender (for picking several dates). Is there any possibilty to
> do this in Octave directly?

The calendar might be tricky since there is no uigetdate or uicalendar
yet. You might implement uitable and use the core function "calendar" to
feed it.

Happy hacking, Andy