Quantcast

Creating a GUI for a program

Mad_Scientist
I am a convert from matlab to octave and was hoping to create a GUI for one of my Octave programs... how do i go about doing this?  I know in matlab we just had to select the gui builder is this the same for octave?

Re: Creating a GUI for a program

Dorian-13
Dear "Mad_" ,
This is not the right way to ask question on such mailing list.
You can also Google before asking !

Here Octave's people are working to help each other without
asking you money as in your previous experience.

Be kind when you'll ask for help  next time.

Regards,

--- Doria

2009/6/24 Mad_Scientist <[hidden email]>

I am a convert from matlab to octave and was hoping to create a GUI for one
of my Octave programs... how do i go about doing this?  I know in matlab we
just had to select the gui builder is this the same for octave?

Re: Creating a GUI for a program

Søren Hauberg
ons, 24 06 2009 kl. 20:35 +0200, skrev Dorian:
> Be kind when you'll ask for help  next time.

Honestly, I didn't find the question inappropriate, unkind, rude or
anything like that. To me, it seemed like a perfectly valid question.

On the other hand, I did find your reply somewhat aggressive...

> 2009/6/24 Mad_Scientist <[hidden email]>
>         I am a convert from matlab to octave and was hoping to create
>         a GUI for one
>         of my Octave programs... how do i go about doing this?  I know
>         in matlab we
>         just had to select the gui builder is this the same for
>         octave?

Currently, the GUI support in Octave is quite weak. On Unix-like systems
you can create some simple GUI's using the 'zenity' package from
Octave-Forge. I've told you can also use the GTK server
(http://www.gtk-server.org/intro.html), but I have no experience with
this option.

So, in general it will be some work to create GUI's from Octave :-(

Søren