Deprecated uitable properties

Rik-4
11/22/18

Support for uitable graphic widgets was added recently (Nov. 16th).  The
implementation has support for three graphics properties--"keypressfcn",
"keyreleasefcn", and "rearrangeablecolumns""--which Matlab no longer seems
to offer.

Should Octave implement these properties in the 5.0 release, but
immediately schedule them for deprecation in version 7?  Or, since we have
never offered uitables before, should we just remove those properties now
so the first version Octave offers is compatible with Matlab?

--Rik

Re: Deprecated uitable properties

mmuetzel
Rik-4 wrote

> 11/22/18
>
> Support for uitable graphic widgets was added recently (Nov. 16th).  The
> implementation has support for three graphics properties--"keypressfcn",
> "keyreleasefcn", and "rearrangeablecolumns""--which Matlab no longer seems
> to offer.
>
> Should Octave implement these properties in the 5.0 release, but
> immediately schedule them for deprecation in version 7?  Or, since we have
> never offered uitables before, should we just remove those properties now
> so the first version Octave offers is compatible with Matlab?
>
> --Rik

These properties still seem to be supported in R2018b:
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1-RearrangeableColumns
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1_sep_shared-KeyPressFcn
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1_sep_shared-KeyReleaseFcn

I don't have a current Matlab to test with. It might be that their
documentation isn't up-to-date.

Markus

Re: Deprecated uitable properties

siko1056
On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 10:32 PM mmuetzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rik-4 wrote
> 11/22/18
>
> Support for uitable graphic widgets was added recently (Nov. 16th).  The
> implementation has support for three graphics properties--"keypressfcn",
> "keyreleasefcn", and "rearrangeablecolumns""--which Matlab no longer seems
> to offer.
>
> Should Octave implement these properties in the 5.0 release, but
> immediately schedule them for deprecation in version 7?  Or, since we have
> never offered uitables before, should we just remove those properties now
> so the first version Octave offers is compatible with Matlab?
>
> --Rik

These properties still seem to be supported in R2018b:
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1-RearrangeableColumns
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1_sep_shared-KeyPressFcn
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1_sep_shared-KeyReleaseFcn

I don't have a current Matlab to test with. It might be that their
documentation isn't up-to-date.

Markus

Rik, I cannot find any hint, that the graphics properties "keypressfcn", "keyreleasefcn", and "rearrangeablecolumns" are no longer supported by Matlab.  See attached the current output of R2018b and Octave dev for the properties of

   >> t = uitable('Data',[1 2 3; 4 5 6; 7 8 9])

Kai

uitable_properties.txt (6K) Download Attachment

On 11/23/2018 12:57 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Re: Deprecated uitable properties
From:
mmuetzel [hidden email]
Date: