Derivative question

bikebuilder63
Given: t=0:0.1:20;
y=t.^3-2*t;

1. how long is vector t?
2. Write the matlab/octave commodes to take the derivative of y with respect
to t calling it dydt
3. what is the length of dydt?

Re: Derivative question

karl
Am 01.02.19 um 03:54 schrieb bikebuilder63:

> Given: t=0:0.1:20;
> y=t.^3-2*t;
>
> 1. how long is vector t?
> 2. Write the matlab/octave commodes to take the derivative of y with respect
> to t calling it dydt
> 3. what is the length of dydt?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Homework??

Re: Derivative question

nrjank

/
On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:07 PM bikebuilder63 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Given: t=0:0.1:20;
y=t.^3-2*t;

1. how long is vector t?

about 8 characters

2. Write the matlab/octave commodes to take the derivative of y with respect to t calling it dydt
I don't think any commode I've ever seen can do that with respect to any variable.

3. what is the length of dydt?

from the viewpoint of the commode? Hopefully not long enough to cause buffer overflow. that would be messy.

/endsnark

if you have a specific problem completing your homework in Octave, we can offer tips and pointers, but won't do it for you.  In particular, here's a great resource:

with a focus on:

and