Digital-filter-design

Ted.Harding
Hi Folks,

For the last few days I have been cracking my head trying to adapt the
matlab (vintage 1988) digital-filter-design programs ("signal" toolbox) to
run on octave.

The main source of the problems seems to be incompatibilities between
octave and matlab in the handling of empty matrices and indexing. Some of
the problems I have worked round, others are still resisting (especially
in the "series.m" file).

Since this is rather a complicated integrated suite, before I really roll
up my sleeves to force it to work for the particular class of problems
I have, I would like to ask if anyone out there has succeeded at this, or
has a substitute.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.                                    ([hidden email])

Re: Digital-filter-design

niles-3

> adapt the matlab (vintage 1988) digital-filter-design programs
>("signal" toolbox) to run on octave.

> I would like to ask if anyone out there has succeeded at this,

I got the Matlab 4.2 signal toolbox to work with Octave with only
minor changes.  However, often it took a good deal of time to track
down the exact line that caused the problems.  Also, I was just working
on the few I need to get the job done.

I don't know how I could possiably tell you the changes without
breaking Mathwork's copyright.  A context diff would include part of
their code.

        Rick Niles.