Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering. Cannot package distribution!

Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering. Cannot package distribution!

PhilipNienhuis
On my desktop I cannot build a dist target anymore, I get an error message;

"Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering.  Cannot
package distribution!"

Until Mar 23 I was able to build w/o issue (= date of last mxe-octave
cross-build for which I need a dist target).
Starting anew with a fresh clone of the repo makes no difference.
Intriguingly, on my laptop with exactly the same setup, "make dist" just
works. I checked all lib64qt5 libraries and -devel packages between desktop
and laptop, they just match AFAICS.

Some details:
Mageia-6 Linux 64bit, fully up-to-date
Qt 5.6.2
NVidia graphics HW with Nouveau driver (laptop has intel graphics)
Command sequence:
./path/to/configure --without-osmesa && make -j5 && make dist
Trying with just "configure" I get osmesa issues with "pencil' etc.

Where can I look to get this solved?

Thanks,
Philip

Re: Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering. Cannot package distribution!

Mike Miller-4
On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 11:02:16 -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:

> On my desktop I cannot build a dist target anymore, I get an error message;
>
> "Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering.  Cannot
> package distribution!"
>
> Until Mar 23 I was able to build w/o issue (= date of last mxe-octave
> cross-build for which I need a dist target).
> Starting anew with a fresh clone of the repo makes no difference.
> Intriguingly, on my laptop with exactly the same setup, "make dist" just
> works. I checked all lib64qt5 libraries and -devel packages between desktop
> and laptop, they just match AFAICS.
>
> Some details:
> Mageia-6 Linux 64bit, fully up-to-date
> Qt 5.6.2
> NVidia graphics HW with Nouveau driver (laptop has intel graphics)
> Command sequence:
> ./path/to/configure --without-osmesa && make -j5 && make dist
> Trying with just "configure" I get osmesa issues with "pencil' etc.
>
> Where can I look to get this solved?
Check config.h for HAVE_QT_OFFSCREEN. If that's zero or undefined, that
explains the error.

That is tied to the configure message

  checking whether Qt supports full offscreen OpenGL rendering...

If you are getting errors from osmesa, that indicates that there is a
problem with your Qt libraries, or possibly your OpenGL driver, because
normally configure doesn't look for osmesa if Qt offscreen OpenGL
rendering works.

I am interested to see exactly which configure test fails and why, from
your config.log.

Re: Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering. Cannot package distribution!

PhilipNienhuis
Mike Miller-4 wrote

> On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 11:02:16 -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>> On my desktop I cannot build a dist target anymore, I get an error
>> message;
>>
>> "Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering.  Cannot
>> package distribution!"
>>
>> Until Mar 23 I was able to build w/o issue (= date of last mxe-octave
>> cross-build for which I need a dist target).
>> Starting anew with a fresh clone of the repo makes no difference.
>> Intriguingly, on my laptop with exactly the same setup, "make dist" just
>> works. I checked all lib64qt5 libraries and -devel packages between
>> desktop
>> and laptop, they just match AFAICS.
>>
>> Some details:
>> Mageia-6 Linux 64bit, fully up-to-date
>> Qt 5.6.2
>> NVidia graphics HW with Nouveau driver (laptop has intel graphics)
>> Command sequence:
>> ./path/to/configure --without-osmesa && make -j5 && make dist
>> Trying with just "configure" I get osmesa issues with "pencil' etc.
>>
>> Where can I look to get this solved?
>
> Check config.h for HAVE_QT_OFFSCREEN. If that's zero or undefined, that
> explains the error.
>
> That is tied to the configure message
>
>   checking whether Qt supports full offscreen OpenGL rendering...
>
> If you are getting errors from osmesa, that indicates that there is a
> problem with your Qt libraries, or possibly your OpenGL driver, because
> normally configure doesn't look for osmesa if Qt offscreen OpenGL
> rendering works.
>
> I am interested to see exactly which configure test fails and why, from
> your config.log.

After a stroll in the park nearby and re-investigating, I found that
lib64Qt5Help<...>*-devel* was missing and the GUI wasn't built at all.
lib64Qt5Help<...> was there but that isn't sufficient.

So all I can say is "sorry for the noise" and thanks for your reply!

Philip