Does Octave run with Windows 8?

rik94@virgilio.it
 Hi, I would like to know if Octave 3.6.4 runs with Windows 8. If it doesn't, does exist another version which runs with Windows 8?  Thank You

Re: Does Octave run with Windows 8?

Michael Goffioul
On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Hi, I would like to know if Octave 3.6.4 runs with Windows 8. If it doesn't, does exist another version which runs with Windows 8?  Thank
You

It has been reported to work under Windows 8, but there is a problem in the console management. Typical symptoms are: FLTK backend not working, octave exits on first error...

The problem can be avoided by starting octave with the specific flags: -i --line-editing
I'm not sure how to add those options to a startup link under Windows 8 (under previous versions of octave, you would right-click on the startup icon and edit the command line). As a last resort, you can start a windows command shell (cmd.exe), then start octave manually from it, using the additional flags.

Assuming octave is installed in C:\Software\Octave, you would then type the following at the command prompt:

C:\Software\Octave\bin\octave.exe -i --line-editing

Michael.