Doubt about Octane installation process

Angel Gomez
Hi,

I'm a software developer in Diadem and recently one of our client have a recurrent problem with one of our software. Just this client, the other seems to be working perfectly.
After some research, we found the only difference between the PC of this client and the others is Octane. He installed Octane 4.2.1 some time ago.

Can Octane modify visual basic relative data when installing? I don't know, maybe some configuration files, paths or similar?

Thanks in advance,
Ángel

Re: Doubt about Octane installation process

NJank
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:55 AM, Angel Gomez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm a software developer in Diadem and recently one of our client have a recurrent problem with one of our software. Just this client, the other seems to be working perfectly.
After some research, we found the only difference between the PC of this client and the others is Octane. He installed Octane 4.2.1 some time ago.

Can Octane modify visual basic relative data when installing? I don't know, maybe some configuration files, paths or similar?

Thanks in advance,
Ángel

I assume you mean Octave?  :)

I'm assuming from your visual basic question this is on Windows?  Did they use the executable installer? (there is also a zip-package which would make no other system changes) Does uninstalling Octave fix the problem? My gut reaction to you main question should be 'no', but it's difficult to tell without more specific information.

Re: Doubt about Octane installation process

Angel Gomez
Hi Nicholas,

Yes, I mean Octave :).

The OS is a Windows 7, and yes, he used the executable installer. Tomorrow he will come to the office and we are going to try to uninstall and re install Octave and all our software related packages. I will try to install Octave with the zip-package and see what's happen.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Ángel.