Drop fftpack sources from Octave?

Does anyone object to removing fftpack sources from Octave and relying
on FFTW as the only way to perform FFT calculations?

I propose to remove fftpack sources from Octave and rely on FFTW to
perform FFT calcuations.  FFTW will still be an optional dependency, but
if it is missing, no built-in FFT functions will be available in Octave.

As it is now, we still have fftpack sources included in the Octave
source tree but I suspect they are rarely used because just about any
modern system has FFTW packaged, and if not, it is easily available.

Re: Drop fftpack sources from Octave?

I pushed a change to remove the fftpack sources and require FFTW to
perform FFT computations:

   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/59f4fda5c548

I don't anticipate trouble from this change, but it can always be undone
if there is some serious objection.

jwe