Employment News: I joined ESI Group

As of last week, I have joined ESI Group (https://www.esi-group.com).
ESI is a leading innovator in virtual prototyping software and
services and has also managed the development of Scilab since February
2017.

This is an exciting opportunity for me.  I remain focused on improving
Octave and making it an excellent platform for numerical computations.
With ESI I will continue doing general development, supporting
customer's needs, and exploring ways for Octave and Scilab to benefit
one another.

If you would like to know more about ESI's involvement with Scilab,
you can read the announcement of that acquisition here:

   https://www.scilab.org/community/news/ESI-Scilab

Re: Employment News: I joined ESI Group

Olaf Till-2
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 03:06:49PM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:

> As of last week, I have joined ESI Group (https://www.esi-group.com).
> ESI is a leading innovator in virtual prototyping software and
> services and has also managed the development of Scilab since February
> 2017.
>
> This is an exciting opportunity for me.  I remain focused on improving
> Octave and making it an excellent platform for numerical computations.
> With ESI I will continue doing general development, supporting
> customer's needs, and exploring ways for Octave and Scilab to benefit
> one another.
It's very good to hear that, congratulations. And it seems to be a
good solution for the future of Octave. Olaf

> If you would like to know more about ESI's involvement with Scilab,
> you can read the announcement of that acquisition here:
>
>   https://www.scilab.org/community/news/ESI-Scilab
>

> jwe

Re: Employment News: I joined ESI Group

bpabbott
> On Sep 14, 2017, at 3:09 PM, John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> As of last week, I have joined ESI Group (https://www.esi-group.com).
> ESI is a leading innovator in virtual prototyping software and
> services and has also managed the development of Scilab since February
> 2017.
>
> This is an exciting opportunity for me.  I remain focused on improving
> Octave and making it an excellent platform for numerical computations.
> With ESI I will continue doing general development, supporting
> customer's needs, and exploring ways for Octave and Scilab to benefit
> one another.
>
> If you would like to know more about ESI's involvement with Scilab,
> you can read the announcement of that acquisition here:
>
>  https://www.scilab.org/community/news/ESI-Scilab
>
> jwe

This looks like wildly good news to me. All to best in this new opportunity for you and Octave.

Ben