Error in initialization

Antonio Valente

Hello Octave support,

I'm having a error with the software when initializing it, here is the error print:

image.png

Could you help me fix it?

Best regards
--
Antônio Valente Figueiredo Torres
Graduando em Engenharia Elétrica | Universidade Federal de Itajubá

Re: Error in initialization

siko1056
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 5:25 PM Antonio Valente <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Octave support,

I'm having a error with the software when initializing it, here is the error print:

image.png

Could you help me fix it?

Best regards
--
Antônio Valente Figueiredo Torres
Graduando em Engenharia Elétrica | Universidade Federal de Itajubá
Telefone: (35) 99707-4803

Depending on where you initialize which software for what reason, from your error message I conclude the following:

- You are using Windows "C:/Users..."
- You already started some version of Octave or are about to start it ">>"

From this I can only give you two general advises for Windows [1]:

1. Avoid spaces in paths.
2. Avoid non-ASCII characters in paths.

Both rules are violated with your path, better would be "C:/Users/Antonio_Valente". Otherwise you have to make sure to properly put marks, e.g. " or ', around every path you are calling.

HTH,
Kai

Re: Error in initialization

siko1056
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 10:27 PM Antonio Valente <[hidden email]> wrote:
Em sáb, 15 de set de 2018 às 12:53, Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]> escreveu:
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 5:25 PM Antonio Valente <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Octave support,

I'm having a error with the software when initializing it, here is the error print:

image.png

Could you help me fix it?

Best regards
--
Antônio Valente Figueiredo Torres
Graduando em Engenharia Elétrica | Universidade Federal de Itajubá
Telefone: (35) 99707-4803

Depending on where you initialize which software for what reason, from your error message I conclude the following:

- You are using Windows "C:/Users..."
- You already started some version of Octave or are about to start it ">>"

From this I can only give you two general advises for Windows [1]:

--
Antônio Valente Figueiredo Torres
Graduando em Engenharia Elétrica | Universidade Federal de Itajubá
Telefone: (35) 99707-4803

Seeing the two greater-than symbols ">>" I felt reminded of the Octave command line in my guessing of what your problem is.

The point is, if you want to get help, you need to help us to understand or to reproduce your problem.  In your case I would need to know your operating system, if my guess is wrong, and your version of Octave, in case you are facing a bug already fixed in a new version of Octave (the current stable version is 4.4.1).

The next information I need is exactly when your error messages occurs?  At Octave startup, when executing some of your functions or scripts?  I do not know all this at the moment, what is perfectly clear to you, maybe this is why you omit this important information ;-)

HTH,
Kai

Re: Error in initialization

Antonio Valente
Dear Kai,

I will try to feed you with more information, sorry for being a little superficial on my request.
The error occurs when I lunch the software on my PC.
My OS specifications are:
image.png
My Octave specifications are:
image.png

With this information you can help me fix the following error on the initialization:
image.png

Em seg, 17 de set de 2018 às 04:47, Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]> escreveu:
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 10:27 PM Antonio Valente <[hidden email]> wrote:
Em sáb, 15 de set de 2018 às 12:53, Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]> escreveu:
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 5:25 PM Antonio Valente <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Octave support,

I'm having a error with the software when initializing it, here is the error print:

image.png

Could you help me fix it?

Best regards
--
Antônio Valente Figueiredo Torres
Graduando em Engenharia Elétrica | Universidade Federal de Itajubá
Telefone: (35) 99707-4803

Depending on where you initialize which software for what reason, from your error message I conclude the following:

- You are using Windows "C:/Users..."
- You already started some version of Octave or are about to start it ">>"

From this I can only give you two general advises for Windows [1]:

[...]

mmuetzel
Octave 4.4.1 doesn't correctly handle files and folders containing non-ASCII
characters (like "ó") on Windows. This is (hopefully) fixed for Octave 5.0
which will be released probably by the end of this year.

Does this error message prevent you from working with Octave completely?
Does e.g. "demo plot 1" still produce a figure?

Markus