Error with "medfilt2"

Gautam Bhatheja

Greetings ,
First of all, a big thanks to Octave Team for letting us learn new things.
I am facing two errors that I have marked in the attached pictures and not able to solve this.

I have loaded the package for image and using these functions and still facing the issues. Please help me.
Error1: medfilt2()
Error2: imshowpair()
Thanks,
Guatam Bhatheja

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Untitled.png (206K) Download Attachment

Re: Error with "medfilt2"

Doug Stewart-4

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Gautam Bhatheja <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings ,
First of all, a big thanks to Octave Team for letting us learn new things.
I am facing two errors that I have marked in the attached pictures and not able to solve this.

I have loaded the package for image and using these functions and still facing the issues. Please help me.
Error1: medfilt2()

medfilt2 requires 2 input matrices

medfilt2( noise ,  image)

Re: Error with "medfilt2"

Hartmut
Most filtering functions in the image package currently only support grayscale images (no color images), at least when using this simple syntax.

There is a workaround explained here: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45088#comment1

It is explained for rangefilt, but this workaround should also work for medfilt2:

filtered = medfilt2 (noise_image, logical(padarray (ones (3), [0 0 1])));

At some time, this behavior might be fixed eventually in the Octave image package.

The function imshowpair is currently not implemented in the image package. Try

figure, imshow(im)
figure, imshow(noise_image)

instead.

Good luck