Figures popping up during running of test suite?

Figures popping up during running of test suite?

Rik-4
I seem to be getting flashes of figures when running 'make check' or
__run_test_suite__ from within Octave.  I thought we had addressed this
problem by making all of the BIST code use invisible figures.  Is that not
right?  Or have some new tests been added which aren't following the
convention?

--Rik

Re: Figures popping up during running of test suite?

mmuetzel
Is this on Windows?

When we updated the mesa build rule to get llvmpipe to compile, we didn't
care about retaining osmesa.
However, I don't know if the new Qt based off-screen printing is only
available in newer versions of Qt or Windows.
Is there a way to determine how Octave does its off-screen printing?

Markus

On 08/03/2018 09:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Re: Figures popping up during running of test suite?
From:
mmuetzel [hidden email]
Date:
08/03/2018 05:16 AM
To:
[hidden email]
7bit
Message:
2

Is this on Windows?
This is on Linux which should make things easier.

When we updated the mesa build rule to get llvmpipe to compile, we didn't
care about retaining osmesa.
This is probably a clue.  I am configuring the build using --without-mesa.
However, I don't know if the new Qt based off-screen printing is only
available in newer versions of Qt or Windows.
Is there a way to determine how Octave does its off-screen printing?
I have a new enough version of Qt, but I recall that there was something around printing where the figure had to have been visible, at least once, before being printed.  I will try to narrow it down to the test that is throwing up the window.

--Rik

Re: Figures popping up during running of test suite?

Mike Miller-4
On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 10:12:18 -0700, Rik wrote:
> I seem to be getting flashes of figures when running 'make check' or
> __run_test_suite__ from within Octave.  I thought we had addressed this
> problem by making all of the BIST code use invisible figures.  Is that not
> right?  Or have some new tests been added which aren't following the
> convention?

On my system it is only the __opengl_info__.m function. The function
intentionally creates a tiny on-screen figure. If the figure is made
invisible, the function doesn't work.