Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

egualter
Hello all,

Now the GSoC period is over and it is time to the final post of this excited summer. For this last post [1], I am going over of the goal of the project. Also, I am describing all the functionalities of the tool that I implemented during the summer.

Additionally, I completed the documentation of the tool [2]. Please, let me know if you have any doubts, suggestion or feedback.

Finally, I just would like to reiterate that I had an excellent summer working with you all.  I plan on continuing to contribute, mainly in the sisotool and other control package issues.

Let me just say thank you to Doug and John for the guidance and support during the project, and all the other wonderful people that have offered me guidance and support throughout the summer.

Erivelton Gualter
Graduate Research Assistant
Control, Robotics and Mechatronics Laboratory
Cleveland State University

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

shall689
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I got the following when I tried to install the package in Octave 4.4.0:

pkg install control-3.1.0_gsoc.tar.gz
unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: 101120
      0 [main] us 0 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to us.stackdump
error: called from
    unpack at line 257 column 5
    untar at line 47 column 5
    install at line 81 column 9
    pkg at line 437 column 9

What am I doing wrong?

Update: I forgot to say that my OS is Windows 10 (with the latest updates).

Stephen

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

shall689
Hello,

I tried the control 3.1.0 package from the sourceforge website and it octave
return the same results when I tried to install it.  Therefore, this seems
to be a problem with something in the octave installation (which cam from a
zip file).

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

egualter
Hi Stephen,

So did you have problem with both control packages version (from sourceforge
and from the github repo) ?

Are you using octave 4.4.0 ?

Just sharing my current environment, I have Ubuntu 16.04 and Octave 4.4.0

Eri

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

shall689
Hello Eri,

Thanks for replying. I've been very busy lately.

I was able to install it Octave 4.2.2 on fedora Scientific v28; however, I
had tool install the octave developer tools to get it to install.

I entered zpk([],[-10 -2],0.01) as a transfer function and a bode plot
appeared on the main panel; however, when a blank figure appears when I
select nyquist or root locus a blank plot appears.

I am running fedora Scientific v28 in a virtual box. I may try to install
your version of linux and Octave to see if it works better.

Thank,
Stephen

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

egualter
Thank you Stephen for the feedback.

I am installing a VM now in order to test other OS's.

Something that I noticed about the current version of sisotool is sometimes
the plots appears in a different figure. It looks like the sisotool
interprets as the Diagram figure as the Main figure. I fixed it, but somehow
it happens sometimes.

So, one way to avoid it is wait for the action happen before do anything
else. For example, wait for all the plots show up and then add the poles or
zeros.

Did you have the chance to test the "Edit Controller feature"?

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

Andreas Weber-6
Dear Erivelton,

Am 13.08.2018 um 07:07 schrieb Erivelton Gualter dos Santos:
> Now the GSoC period is over and it is time to the final post of this
> excited summer. For this last post [1], I am going over of the goal of

Du you plan to make proper mercurial changesets which can be merged back
to the control package?

As far as I see you copied the control package source, made some
modifications and then pushed alltogether as new github repo.

What is the purpose of the TARGET dir? Have you accidentally added it to
the repo after running "make dist?"

-- Andy

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

Doug Stewart-4

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 1:29 AM Andreas Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Erivelton,

Am 13.08.2018 um 07:07 schrieb Erivelton Gualter dos Santos:
> Now the GSoC period is over and it is time to the final post of this
> excited summer. For this last post [1], I am going over of the goal of

Du you plan to make proper mercurial changesets which can be merged back
to the control package?

As far as I see you copied the control package source, made some
modifications and then pushed alltogether as new github repo.

What is the purpose of the TARGET dir? Have you accidentally added it to
the repo after running "make dist?"

-- Andy

Andy:
 I have push capability to SF control pkg.
and his changes are simple to merge with my copy of the SF control pkg.
So after a little more testing and spell checking on my part, I will push it to SF, and then start
a new release.
Does that sound ok?
Doug
DAS

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

shall689
Hello Eri,

How did you get Octave 4.4.0 for Ubuntu 16.04? I was only to get 4.2.

I didn't much time to use the sisotool.  It worked better than in Fedora,
but it still had some issues.

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

avlas-2
I have Octave 4.4.1 via the flatpak package. You could give it a try....

https://github.com/flathub/org.octave.Octave

El dissabte, 18 d’agost de 2018, a les 1:51:36 EDT, shall689 va escriure:

  Hello Eri,

  How did you get Octave 4.4.0 for Ubuntu 16.04? I was only to get 4.2.

  I didn't much time to use the sisotool.  It worked better than in Fedora,
  but it still had some issues.

  Thanks,
  Stephen

Salva Ardid, PhD
Boston University

Re: Final Post - GSoC 2018 - sisotool

shall689
Thanks.  I was able to install Octave 4.4.1.