Fltk toolkit: how to force *non*-anti-aliased operation

Fltk toolkit: how to force *non*-anti-aliased operation

Rose Merry
Hello!

Octave version 4.0.3 (Debian Stretch; sorry, didn't check latest version).

I do not want modern and beautiful anti-aliasing (AA). How to force all fltk graphics to be non-anti-aliased?

For gnuplot everything is already non-anti-aliased, out of the box. Font name and size can be changed using:
set(0,'defaultaxesfontname','terminus');
set(0,'defaultaxesfontsize',12);
set(0,'defaulttextfontname','terminus');
set(0,'defaulttextfontsize',12);
plot(1:N);
title(['wfevew']);

But when I do it in fltk, I get garbage (tried several sizes, that do work for gnuplot):
http://img12.lostpic.net/2018/02/10/f059025c75419074cb77ebe4cce4c6e7.png

Also, the blue plot line is AA-ed.

Thanks.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Fltk toolkit: how to force *non*-anti-aliased operation

Pantxo
Rose Merry wrote

> Hello!
>
> Octave version 4.0.3 (Debian Stretch; sorry, didn't check latest version).
>
> I do not want modern and beautiful anti-aliasing (AA). How to force all
> fltk graphics to be non-anti-aliased?
>
> For gnuplot everything is already non-anti-aliased, out of the box. Font
> name and size can be changed using:
> set(0,'defaultaxesfontname','terminus');
> set(0,'defaultaxesfontsize',12);
> set(0,'defaulttextfontname','terminus');
> set(0,'defaulttextfontsize',12);
> plot(1:N);
> title(['wfevew']);
>
> But when I do it in fltk, I get garbage (tried several sizes, that do work
> for gnuplot):
> http://img12.lostpic.net/2018/02/10/f059025c75419074cb77ebe4cce4c6e7.png
>
> Also, the blue plot line is AA-ed.
>
> Thanks.

> Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
> Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
> https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Your example works for me in Octave 4.2, glyphs are rendered correctly. Is
"terminus" the only problematic font ?

In Octave 4.2+ the figure property "graphicssmoothing" controls wether
anti-aliasing is applied when rendering lines and polygons. As for text, it
is currently not possible, the text/axes property "textsmoothing" that
should control AA is not implemented.

Pantxo