Fonts in GNU/Octave-GUI

Jefgeni
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am running Octave 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS, and most of the times I use Octave only within GNOME Terminal.
However, these days I have to work on somewhat bigger computation problems; thus, prompting me to use the GUI
more often. I do not mind using the GUI but I really miss the fonts that I am used to. Going to 'Edit/Preferences...'
allows the user only to choose among the following fonts: Andale Mono, Courier, Courier 10 Pitch, Courier New,
DejaVu Sans Mono, Free Mono, Liberation Mono, Monospace, Tlwg Mono, Tlwg Typo, and Ubuntu Mono.
However, I have so many more fonts installed on my system which I prefer using. How could I make my favorite fonts
available to the GUI?

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jefgeni

Re: Fonts in GNU/Octave-GUI

Torsten-3
On 23.05.2018 17:57, [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am running Octave 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS, and most of the times I
> use Octave only within GNOME Terminal.
> However, these days I have to work on somewhat bigger computation
> problems; thus, prompting me to use the GUI
> more often. I do not mind using the GUI but I really miss the fonts that
> I am used to. Going to 'Edit/Preferences...'
> allows the user only to choose among the following fonts: Andale Mono,
> Courier, Courier 10 Pitch, Courier New,
> DejaVu Sans Mono, Free Mono, Liberation Mono, Monospace, Tlwg Mono, Tlwg
> Typo, and Ubuntu Mono.
> However, I have so many more fonts installed on my system which I prefer
> using. How could I make my favorite fonts
> available to the GUI?
>
> I am looking forward to hearing from you. Many thanks in advance!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jefgeni

The selectable fonts for the console window are limited to fixed width
fonts. So it is currently not possible to select variable width fonts.

Torsten