Fwd: Configuring VLFEat in Octave reg

kbsjith

sir,
I have installed VLFeat in my Ubuntu machine. Now I want to use VLFeat from OCtave, which is already installed. i tried to follow the instructions given in the website, but failed. so, please be kind enough to send the step by step procedure to configure the VLFeat in Octave.

Thanking you
yours faithfully

Sreejith K B
Lecturer in Computer engineering
RWP COllege, Payyanur, Kerala
India

Re: Configuring VLFEat in Octave reg

hottea
Just download the source tarball, extracts tarball, change dir to vlfeat root, run `make`. How ever, if you have mex installed, vlfeat will assume that you have MATLAB installed, while mex might come from TeXLive. You could comment out this line:
    include make/matlab.mak
since you don't need to compile with MATLAB support. After that, just run `make`, everything will works ok. Launch octave, run vl_setup, and then vl_demo to run a demo to test if vlfeat installed properly.

I just tested with Arch Linux, octave 4.4.0-1 from official repo, gcc 8.1.1.

Please also refer to http://www.vlfeat.org/install-octave.html for installation instruction, and don't forget to provide more detail, such as log, when ask for help.

I used to run example codes from http://www.vlfeat.org/applications/apps.html, but something didn't work as expected. You might need to dive into it.

Sreejith kb <[hidden email]>于2018年7月2日周一 上午2:13写道: