Fwd: Octave JIT consultancy

Richard Crozier
Dear List,

I asked previously about the possibility of funding some development of
the Octave JIT (see below, I don't think I received any replies). I have
a company and might be in a position to do this in the future. I don't
think I received any reply, is there any interest in this at all?

Further to what I wrote below, there is also this:

https://developer.ibm.com/code/2016/07/19/jitbuilder-library-and-eclipse-omr-just-in-time-compilers-made-easy/

The source of this JITBuilder library is published on github under the
Eclipse OMR licence:

https://github.com/eclipse/omr/blob/master/LICENSE

This actually states though that you can relicense it under GPL v2 (or
some other licences).

More blog posts on it by the dev:

https://developer.ibm.com/code/author/mstoodle/

It seems to be under active development, the actual library source is here:

https://github.com/eclipse/omr/tree/master/jitbuilder

It uses the open source IMB Eclipse OMR compiler

Regards,

Richard

Re: Fwd: Octave JIT consultancy

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On Wed, 2019-05-08 at 08:37 +0000, CROZIER Richard wrote:
> I asked previously about the possibility of funding some development of
> the Octave JIT (see below, I don't think I received any replies).

So, I believe we have some money that could pay for this. I think it's
a good use of our money. This library also seems like a good approach.

Do you have someone in mind who could do the work?

On 11/06/2019 18:55, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-05-08 at 08:37 +0000, CROZIER Richard wrote:
>> I asked previously about the possibility of funding some development of
>> the Octave JIT (see below, I don't think I received any replies).
>
> So, I believe we have some money that could pay for this. I think it's
> a good use of our money. This library also seems like a good approach.
>
> Do you have someone in mind who could do the work?

So, to be clear, are you suggesting you could also contribute money to a
project to work on this?

I don't have anyone in mind to do the work, I was hoping someone on the
list might be able to do it, or be able to suggest someone who could.

I  need to get an idea of the costs of getting work done. To be clear
again, we don't actually have a budget right now to fund it, but can
work it into future plans if we know it could be done and someone was
available to do it. I also know at least one other company who might be
interested in contributing, beyond my own.

Regards,

Richard
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with the registration number SC005336.