Fwd: Question

Edward Frietman
To whom it concerns,

I am retired but still interested in AI applications; I did work with GNU Octave and Matlab a long time ago and recently heard that Octave also has an Artificial Neural Network Module.

If this information is correct could you direct me to the correct URL so that I can download that new Octave program.

Is there also a group where I can become a member of.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Question

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 15:36, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 6:55 AM, Edward Frietman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To whom it concerns,
>
> I am retired but still interested in AI applications; I did work with GNU Octave and Matlab a long time ago and recently heard that Octave also has an Artificial Neural Network Module.
>
> If this information is correct could you direct me to the correct URL so that I can download that new Octave program.
>
> Is there also a group where I can become a member of.
>
> Thank you very much for your efforts.
>

> Take a look at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Forge%20Packages/Individual%20Package%20Releases/nnet-0.1.13.tar.gz/download
> and
>
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php

Also have a look at this GSoC blog:
https://gsocnnet.blogspot.it/

c.

Re: Question

Francesco Faccio

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 15:36, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 6:55 AM, Edward Frietman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To whom it concerns,
>
> I am retired but still interested in AI applications; I did work with GNU Octave and Matlab a long time ago and recently heard that Octave also has an Artificial Neural Network Module.
>
> If this information is correct could you direct me to the correct URL so that I can download that new Octave program.
>
> Is there also a group where I can become a member of.
>
> Thank you very much for your efforts.
>

> Take a look at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Forge%20Packages/Individual%20Package%20Releases/nnet-0.1.13.tar.gz/download
> and
>
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php

Also have a look at this GSoC blog:
https://gsocnnet.blogspot.it/

c.

Hi Edward,

as Carlo pointed out, a student has recently developed the CNN module for GNU Octave using Tensorflow for the backend. This code will be soon merged with the development branch for a new release, so if you are interested in using CNN's I suggest you to try to follow the instruction in the blog [1] and install the package.

Francesco Faccio

[1]https://gsocnnet.blogspot.it/2017/08/summary-of-work-done-during-gsoc.html

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com