GNU Octave and C++

Bernal Torres, Mario Gerardo

Good morning,

First of all I would like to thank you for Octave resources in general. Nowadays I am trying to implement GNU Octave in C++ with Windows 7 or 10 (64 bits) in Visual Studio 2012. However, I cannot find information regarding the installation procedure. Is it possible to do the interface with such conditions? How can I do this?

I really appreciate your help and patience.

Kind regards,

Mario BERNAL

Re: GNU Octave and C++

tmacchant

Re: GNU Octave and C++

tmacchant
>> First of all I would like to thank you for Octave resources in general.
> Nowadays I am trying to implement GNU Octave in C++ with Windows 7 or 10 (64
> bits) in Visual Studio 2012. However, I cannot find information regarding the
> installation procedure. Is it possible to do the interface with such conditions?
> How can I do this?
>>
>> I really appreciate your help and patience.
>>

>> Kind regards,
>>

>> Mario BERNAL
>

> GNU octave for Windows is built using MinGW GCC tool-chain on linux and
> the MinGW GCC tool-chain is bound to GNU octave distribution for Windows.
>
> You can use MinGW GCC instead of Visual Studio.
>
> Tatsuro

In general, you can use mkoctfile command to build oct files [1]
or standalone programs [2] using C++.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Oct_002dFiles.html#Oct_002dFiles
[2] https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs