GNU Octave does not start Win7

Christian.Maier2

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

unfortunately the Octave start is interrupting. Suddenly I wasn’t able to start Octave GUI. When I start the GUI it closes suddenly after displaying the GUI for about half a second without any warnings. Before this problem occur I used Octave several weeks. I have used the Octave V4.2.1 without installer. After the problem occurs, I tested a new download and your installer, but without success.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes and kind regards

Christian Maier

Re: GNU Octave does not start Win7

tmacchant

Re: AW: GNU Octave does not start Win7

tmacchant

AW: AW: GNU Octave does not start Win7

Christian.Maier2
Hello Tatsuro,

the GUI starts also, but closes immediately.
But the start needs a longer time as I start it from the octave folder without bin.

Best wishes
Christian

> Copyright (C) 2017 John W. Eaton and others.
> This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
> There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type 'warranty'.
>
> Octave was configured for "x86_64-w64-mingw32".
>
> Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.
>
> Please contribute if you find this software useful.
> For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/get-involved.html
>
> Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.
> For information about changes from previous versions, type 'news'.
>
> octave:1>
> "
>
> Best wishes
> Christian

Please try delete "C:\Users\<your user name>\.config\qt-settings".

"C:\Users\<your user name>" depends your windows setting.

You can confirm it by typing "set" on command prompt and
see values of environmental variables HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH.

Tatsuro

Re: AW: GNU Octave does not start Win7

tmacchant

>> Please try delete "C:\Users\<your user name>\.config\qt-settings".
>>
>> "C:\Users\<your user name>" depends your windows
>> setting.
>>
>> You can confirm it by typing "set" on command prompt and
>> see values of environmental variables HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH.
>>
>> Tatsuro
>
> Dear Tatsuro,
>
> it seems to work after deleting the qt-config file and configure the wizard
> again.
> The GUI stays open.
>
> Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
>
> Best wishes
> Christian

Good to hear your overcoming your issue.
Enjoy GNU Octave!

Tatsuro

AW: AW: GNU Octave does not start Win7

Christian.Maier2