Quantcast

GSoC 2017- Application (Symbolic Package)

GSoC 2017- Application (Symbolic Package)

NVS Abhilash
Hi,

I have just completed filling my public application for GSoC 2017. I was hoping if someone can spend some time reading it and give feedback upon that if possible. (Constructive criticism would be very helpful)

Link to the application: http://wiki.octave.org/User:Nvs-abhilash

Thanks,
NVS
NVS Abhilash

Re: GSoC 2017- Application (Symbolic Package)

Ankit
Hello NVS,

Please, mention your university and major also there.

Good Luck!!
Ankit Raj

-----
NVS Abhilash

Re: GSoC 2017- Application (Symbolic Package)

Colin Macdonald-2
On 20/03/17 10:39 PM, NVS Abhilash wrote:
> I have just completed filling my public application for GSoC 2017. I was
> hoping if someone can spend some time reading it and give feedback upon that
> if possible. (Constructive criticism would be very helpful)

I sent some comments privately.  Overall, my general suggestions are:

1.  focus more on Pytave as that will have the biggest impact on Octave;
2.  be specific on your timeline, especially at first: later months can
be a bit more vague, but first month should be a very specific;
3.  I think anything involving classdef will need some core Octave
improvements.

Colin

Re: GSoC 2017- Application (Symbolic Package)

NVS Abhilash
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.
Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I have tried to incorporate the same in the application. Please do have a look.

http://wiki.octave.org/User:Nvs-abhilash

I would be very thankful if you can give further feedback. :)

Thanks,
NVS
NVS Abhilash

On 24/03/17 05:12 AM, NVS Abhilash wrote:
> Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I have tried to incorporate the
> same in the application. Please do have a look.
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/User:Nvs-abhilash
>
> I would be very thankful if you can give further feedback. :)

Thanks NVS, that is much improved by the additional details.

In addition to the various patches you've been doing, a helpful next
step would be to address this comment, by tracking down the relevant
Octave bugs:

https://githqub.com/cbm755/octsympy/pull/590#issuecomment-283458422

Colin