GSoC GNU Octave Project

Abhishek K Das
Respected Mentor ( Carlo de Falco )

I earlier sent a mail to Mr R Crozier regarding Circuit Simulator but apparently didn't get any reply .

I am Karimi Abhishek Das from Indian Institute of Technology , Roorkee currently a junior in electrical engineering , CGPA of 8.76 .

Although from electrical background , I have had various courses on mathematics and have a solid background in Linear Algebra . I have an experience of working with MATLAB and C++ for the past one and a half year .

I have implemented various machine learning techniques like SVM , MLP , RBF Networks in MATLAB . Some optimization algorithms like PSO and Genetica Algorithms also. I have worked on code for Power System Analysis like Gauss-Siedel Load Flow , Newton-Raphson Load Flow etc . I am well acquainted with .m files . I didn't have prior experience with autotools , autoconf etc but I am quickly learning about these things .

------

I feel I am capable of doing this project on numerical analysis and a strong potential candidate . Highly willing to work under you and contribute towards Octave .

I will be looking forward to your reply .

--
Karimi Abhishek Das
U.G. III year
IIT-Roorkee

Re: GSoC GNU Octave Project

Richard Crozier
On 07/03/2014 14:27, Abhishek K Das wrote:

> Respected Mentor ( Carlo de Falco )
>
> I earlier sent a mail to Mr R Crozier regarding Circuit Simulator but
> apparently didn't get any reply .
>
> I am Karimi Abhishek Das from Indian Institute of Technology , Roorkee
> currently a junior in electrical engineering , CGPA of 8.76 .
>
> Although from electrical background , I have had various courses on
> mathematics and have a solid background in Linear Algebra . I have an
> experience of working with MATLAB and C++ for the past one and a half
> year .
>
> I have implemented various machine learning techniques like SVM , MLP ,
> RBF Networks in MATLAB . Some optimization algorithms like PSO and
> Genetica Algorithms also. I have worked on code for Power System
> Analysis like Gauss-Siedel Load Flow , Newton-Raphson Load Flow etc . I
> am well acquainted with .m files . I didn't have prior experience with
> autotools , autoconf etc but I am quickly learning about these things .
>
> ------
>
> I feel I am capable of doing this project on numerical analysis and a
> strong potential candidate . Highly willing to work under you and
> contribute towards Octave .
>
> I will be looking forward to your reply .
>
> --
> Karimi Abhishek Das
> U.G. III year
> Department of Electrical Engineering
> IIT-Roorkee
> ᐧ

Hi Karimi,

Apologies, but I was out of email contact for a few days.

Also due to some recent events at work (unexpected new commitments) it
seems I simply won't be able to definitely commit the time required for
being a mentor this year when GScC actually starts. I will have to
modify the project page to reflect this, this is unfortunate as I would
really have liked to get this work done on the project.

If you can find someone else who could act as the main mentor I could
act as backup, but I don't think anyone else will have the same interest
in the project as me. Most of the time I am likely to be able to provide
the level of support needed, but if things go wrong or there are
problems I can no longer say I will definitely be available for help
during the entire project.

Apologies for this,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.