GSoC - Interactive tool for SISO Linear Control System Design + Greetings

GSoC - Interactive tool for SISO Linear Control System Design + Greetings

egualter
Hello everyone,

I did not have the chance to introduce myself for the community due my classes. I still have one and a half week of finals and projects, after which I will be done. So here we go.

For those who don't not know me, I will be working in the project "Interactive tool for SISO Linear Control System Design" for the GSoC. I am really excited about it. I would like publicly say thank you to my mentors Doug Stewart and John Swensen for the opportunity and congratulations for Sudeepam and Sahil.

Even
​ though​
I did not start coding yet., ​I have been following the emails.
​Here is my blog where you seen my posts (https://eriveltongualter.github.io/GSoC2018/). I already posted the first week. I also would appreciate if Kai or someone else could add my blog to the planet.octave.

​I look forward to work with you all.
Erivelton​ (Eri)

Congratulations to you as well, Erivelton. :)

Re: GSoC - Interactive tool for SISO Linear Control System Design + Greetings

siko1056
Erivelton Gualter dos Santos wrote
> Here is my blog where you seen my posts
> (https://eriveltongualter.github.io/GSoC2018/). I already posted the first
> week. I also would appreciate if Kai or someone else could add my blog to
> the planet.octave.

Eri, congratulations from me as well and sorry for not carefully reading
your post.  Do you provide RSS feeds, for example "feed.xml", for your blog?

Best,
Kai.

Re: GSoC - Interactive tool for SISO Linear Control System Design + Greetings

Nir Krakauer-3

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 3:24 AM, siko1056 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Erivelton Gualter dos Santos wrote
> Here is my blog where you seen my posts
> (https://eriveltongualter.github.io/GSoC2018/). I already posted the first
> week. I also would appreciate if Kai or someone else could add my blog to
> the planet.octave.

Eri, congratulations from me as well and sorry for not carefully reading
your post.  Do you provide RSS feeds, for example "feed.xml", for your blog?

Best,
Kai.

Eri,

Please send Kai the syndication information as requested.
Also, you need to be in touch with your mentors to make sure you're starting your project right.

Best,

Nir

Re: GSoC - Interactive tool for SISO Linear Control System Design + Greetings

egualter

Hi Nir,

Thank you for the email.

I contacted my mentors today. Now that summer has officially begun for me, I will be more active.

@Kai, I use pelican which is a static generator website. I added the RSS plugin to my application, and I believe that it is now correct. The source file contains two xml files: all.rss.xml and gsoc.rss.xml. Let me know if it works out. Anyway, you can take a look in the source files here: https://github.com/EriveltonGualter/GSoC2018

I also just posted a new post. https://eriveltongualter.github.io/GSoC2018/

Best,
Eri

Erivelton Gualter
Graduate Research Assistant
Control, Robotics and Mechatronics Laboratory
Cleveland State University

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 8:46 AM Nir Krakauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 3:24 AM, siko1056 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Erivelton Gualter dos Santos wrote
> Here is my blog where you seen my posts
> (https://eriveltongualter.github.io/GSoC2018/). I already posted the first
> week. I also would appreciate if Kai or someone else could add my blog to
> the planet.octave.

Eri, congratulations from me as well and sorry for not carefully reading
your post.  Do you provide RSS feeds, for example "feed.xml", for your blog?

Best,
Kai.

Eri,

Please send Kai the syndication information as requested.
Also, you need to be in touch with your mentors to make sure you're starting your project right.

Best,

Nir

[GSoC] Blog syndication

siko1056
egualter wrote

> Hi Nir,
>
> Thank you for the email.
>
> I contacted my mentors today. Now that summer has officially begun for me,
> I will be more active.
>
> @Kai, I use pelican which is a static generator website. I added the RSS
> plugin to my application, and I believe that it is now correct. The source
> file contains two xml files: all.rss.xml and gsoc.rss.xml. Let me know if
> it works out. Anyway, you can take a look in the source files here:
> https://github.com/EriveltonGualter/GSoC2018
>
> ​
> I also just posted a new post.
> https://eriveltongualter.github.io/GSoC2018/
>

> Best,
> Eri

Dear Eri,

Thank you for the hint how to find the xml files.  I think the most relevant
file is

    https://eriveltongualter.github.io/GSoC2018/feeds/gsoc.rss.xml

Which is now sucessfully added.  Unfortunately, the relative article urls
(for example "/bonding.html") provided within that file are not suitable.
Those should translate to some permalink like
"https://eriveltongualter.github.io/GSoC2018/bonding.html", I think there is
an option to to this in the pelican framework?

Best,
Kai

Re: [GSoC] Blog syndication

egualter
Hi Kai,

you are right. I just fixed now and it is working.

best,
Eri

Re: [GSoC] Blog syndication

Nir Krakauer-3