GUI in Octave

Miroslav Kecer
Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Miroslav Kecer, I study oil engineering. For my bachelor's thesis I have to create a model. I was thinking about using GNU Octave.
I have a simple question, not having experience with programming, I would like to know if I will be able to create "value input interface", or some kind of alternative like is shown in picture in inclosure.

I apologize in advance for my stupid question.

Yours sincerely,
Miroslav Kecer

example.png (61K) Download Attachment

Re: GUI in Octave

Andreas Weber-6
Hi Miroslav,

Am 16.11.2017 um 23:21 schrieb Miroslav Kecer:
> My name is Miroslav Kecer, I study oil engineering. For my bachelor's
> thesis I have to create a model. I was thinking about using GNU Octave.
> I have a simple question, not having experience with programming, I
> would like to know if I will be able to create "value input interface",

Have a look at the examples on http://wiki.octave.org/Uicontrols

-- Andy

Re: GUI in Octave

Miroslav Kecer
Thanks a lot!

Dňa 17.11.2017 7:17 používateľ "Andreas Weber" <[hidden email]> napísal:
Hi Miroslav,

Am 16.11.2017 um 23:21 schrieb Miroslav Kecer:
> My name is Miroslav Kecer, I study oil engineering. For my bachelor's
> thesis I have to create a model. I was thinking about using GNU Octave.
> I have a simple question, not having experience with programming, I
> would like to know if I will be able to create "value input interface",

Have a look at the examples on http://wiki.octave.org/Uicontrols

-- Andy

MIDI out, please

joe valentyn
Hi. Thank you thank you thank you, for enormous & high performance
free, open-source mathematical software.

MIDI isn't the GNU Octave community's first priority, but if someone has
some insight & could, I personally am generating frequencies in a
array/vector, & using wavwrite (soon to be audiowrite) to create a wav.
It's great, but rather than beeps it would be nice to play it with a
VSTi (in another, different program) simply by exporting a MIDI (((of
the array))) & taking that into a sequencer that supports VSTis
(basically wav-sample & synthetic instruments).

The audio generation in Octave is advanced, the next step I am here
writing to request, is MIDI output to take these advanced compositions &
give them the timbre they deserve, say with VSTi's or real scores (which
would require nothing beyond the same: MIDI output.)

Thank you if you consider this & thanks for your time, if you do use
your abilities to. Thanks!

Joe

Re: MIDI out, please

Andreas Weber-6
Hi Joe,
please don't highjack threads.

Am 18.11.2017 um 07:18 schrieb joe valentyn:
> MIDI isn't the GNU Octave community's first priority, but if someone has

I've used this library to read MIDI files into Octave many times:

https://github.com/kts/matlab-midi

Here are some examples:
http://kenschutte.com/midi

-- Andy