GUI style

Torsten-3
I am currently preparing a changeset which allows to select different
styles for the gui. However, since changeset
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/95aff68c443d by JohnD, the
style is always set to "windows" on window systems. This style is quite
old-fashioned (see also
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-4-2-0-GUI-on-Windows-has-changed-and-looks-ugly-td4680754.html).
What was the specific reason for selecting the "windows" style. If this
style is really required, I would have to disable the style selection on
window systems.

Torsten

Re: GUI style

mmuetzel
This was done for bug #49247.
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49247

There is already bug #53174 that is about changing the default style:

I don't know whether anything has changes w.r.t. this in the meantime.

Markus

Re: GUI style

Torsten-3
On 06.12.18 23:42, mmuetzel wrote:

> This was done for bug #49247.
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49247
>
> There is already bug #53174 that is about changing the default style:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?53174
>
> I don't know whether anything has changes w.r.t. this in the meantime.
>
> Markus

Thanks for clarification. Then, further discussion should go into bug
#53174.

Torsten