GoSim

GoSim GoSim
Hello,

Really nice of  you! I really appreciate it. I read about your packages and looked at some existing ones and if I understood it correctly I should create my own mercurial or git thing and I need to learn about licenses etc, it has to be open source and I don't have a problem with that. I just want to finish  my ideas first.

I will finish it and learn and go open source and contact you so you can add it. Expect to hear from me in 3-6 months.

I thought gnuplot was closed source....

Have a good one :-)

Re: GoSim

Andreas Weber-6
Am 29.10.18 um 18:51 schrieb GoSim GoSim:
> I thought gnuplot was closed source....

I doubt you'll find software which has "gnu" in it's name and which is
proprietary software. ;-)

-- Andy

Re: GoSim

Marius Schamschula-5
Actually, gnuplot is an oddball, the GNU in gnuplot is unrelated to gnu.org:

"Despite gnuplot's name, it is not named after, part of or related to the GNU Project, nor does it use the GNU General Public License. It was named as part of a compromise by the original authors, punning on gnu (the animal) and newplot."

On Oct 29, 2018, at 1:33 PM, Andreas Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 29.10.18 um 18:51 schrieb GoSim GoSim:
I thought gnuplot was closed source....

I doubt you'll find software which has "gnu" in it's name and which is proprietary software. ;-)

-- Andy

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula

Re: GoSim

Colin Macdonald-2
On 2018-10-29 10:51 a.m., GoSim GoSim wrote:
> Hello,
> Really nice of  you! I really appreciate it. I read about your packages
> and looked at some existing ones and if I understood it correctly I
> should create my own mercurial or git thing and I need to learn about
> licenses etc, it has to be open source and I don't have a problem with
> that. I just want to finish  my ideas first.
> I will finish it and learn and go open source and contact you so you can
> add it. Expect to hear from me in 3-6 months.

Someone just recommended the book by Fogel to me,  might be worth a
look: https://producingoss.com/

My personal suggestion is don't wait 3-6 months but rather just dive in
and open it up.  Its probably never too early to start building a community.

Colin