Grid-lines in "print" to png appear black always, not grey

Grid-lines in "print" to png appear black always, not grey

Tim Pierce
Octave 4.0.0

code:

    figure
    plot( 1:100 )
    grid on

I can see that the second graph down has an example of nice grey (as per the window)

The figure looks like this in Octave

Inline images 3

It prints to test.png like this

Inline images 2

I have been through all the gca settings I can see, relevant. There's a LOT.
The printed plot respects none of them

If anyone could help diagnose this it would be appreciated

Tim

Re: Grid-lines in "print" to png appear black always, not grey

tmacchant
>Octave 4.0.0
>>
>>code:
>>
>>    figure
>>    plot( 1:100 )
>>    grid on
>>    print( 'test.png', '-dpng ','-S500,500', '-color' )
>>
>>In https://engineeringliberty. wordpress.com/2011/10/07/ making-great-plots-in-octave- and-matlab-too/
>>

>>I can see that the second graph down has an example of nice grey (as per the window)
>>

>>The figure looks like this in Octave
>>It prints to test.png like this
>>I have been through all the gca settings I can see, relevant. There's a LOT.
>>The printed plot respects none of them
>>
>>If anyone could help diagnose this it would be appreciated
>>
>>Tim

>Very sorry, correction -
>Octave 4.2.1 (Win)

This is a limitation of openGL (qt and fltk) and -dpng printing devise.

For Octave 4.2.1 (Win), dpngcairo can be used on gnuplot graphics_toolkit.
Try

graphics_toolkit gnuplot

figure
plot( 1:100 )
grid on
print( 'test.png', '-dpngcairo','-S500,500', '-color' )

Tatsuro

Re: Grid-lines in "print" to png appear black always, not grey

Tim Pierce
Thanks! That seems to work.

didnt see the cairo stuff documented, butit works, thanks.