HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo

HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo

PhilipNienhuis
Since a timed-out push action last Tuesday, while Sourceforge was
exceptionally slow, I cannot push anymore to the octave-forge io repo; I
consistently get:

abort: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

Re-cloning the io repo, importing the csets and trying again didn't help.
Again re-cloning and trying to push a tiny change (just a copyright year
update) => same error.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks,
Philip

Re: HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo

tmacchant
--- pr.nienhuis

> Since a timed-out push action last Tuesday, while Sourceforge was
> exceptionally slow, I cannot push anymore to the octave-forge io repo; I
> consistently get:
>
> abort: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
>
> Re-cloning the io repo, importing the csets and trying again didn't help.
> Again re-cloning and trying to push a tiny change (just a copyright year
> update) => same error.
>
> Anyone else having similar issues?
>
> Thanks,
> Philip

I myself does not use mercurial on SourceForge but use git on gnuplot project.
git on SourceForge often become unstable.

ls there alternative to SourceForge of octaveForge?

Tatsuro

Re: HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo

PhilipNienhuis
PhilipNienhuis wrote

> Since a timed-out push action last Tuesday, while Sourceforge was
> exceptionally slow, I cannot push anymore to the octave-forge io repo; I
> consistently get:
>
> abort: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
>
> Re-cloning the io repo, importing the csets and trying again didn't help.
> Again re-cloning and trying to push a tiny change (just a copyright year
> update) => same error.
>
> Anyone else having similar issues?

I just tried pushing a minor fix to the mapping package repo and that works
fine.
So it looks like the io package repo on the server side has an issue.

Philip

Re: HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo

Mike Miller-4
On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 00:26:04 -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:

> PhilipNienhuis wrote
> > Since a timed-out push action last Tuesday, while Sourceforge was
> > exceptionally slow, I cannot push anymore to the octave-forge io repo; I
> > consistently get:
> >
> > abort: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
> >
> > Re-cloning the io repo, importing the csets and trying again didn't help.
> > Again re-cloning and trying to push a tiny change (just a copyright year
> > update) => same error.
> >
> > Anyone else having similar issues?
>
> I just tried pushing a minor fix to the mapping package repo and that works
> fine.
> So it looks like the io package repo on the server side has an issue.
So do you always push over HTTPS, not SSH?

My hg URL for SourceForge is typically

  ssh://[hidden email]/p/octave/REPONAME

You might try both SSH and HTTPS and see which works better for you.

I find SourceForge unbelievelably slow and unreliable these days, but
sporadically, and I don't think I've ever seen a HTTP 500 on a push or a
pull.

Re: HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo

PhilipNienhuis
Mike Miller-4 wrote

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 00:26:04 -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>> PhilipNienhuis wrote
>> > Since a timed-out push action last Tuesday, while Sourceforge was
>> > exceptionally slow, I cannot push anymore to the octave-forge io repo;
>> > consistently get:
>> >
>> > abort: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
>> >
>> > Re-cloning the io repo, importing the csets and trying again didn't
>> help.
>> > Again re-cloning and trying to push a tiny change (just a copyright
>> year
>> > update) => same error.
>> >
>> > Anyone else having similar issues?
>>
>> I just tried pushing a minor fix to the mapping package repo and that
>> works
>> fine.
>> So it looks like the io package repo on the server side has an issue.
>
> So do you always push over HTTPS, not SSH?

Yes I've always pushed over HTTPS, never saw issues like this.

> My hg URL for SourceForge is typically
>
>   ssh://

> USERNAME@.sf

> /p/octave/REPONAME
>
> You might try both SSH and HTTPS and see which works better for you.
>
> I find SourceForge unbelievelably slow and unreliable these days, but
> sporadically, and I don't think I've ever seen a HTTP 500 on a push or a
> pull.

SF never had a snappy response but lately it is, indeed at times, very very
slow.

The fact that I can push w/o issue to another package repo looks a bit
suspicious.
Anyway I just filed a ticket with SF (#17467), let's see what comes out of
it.

Thanks,

Philip

Re: HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo

PhilipNienhuis
PhilipNienhuis wrote

> Mike Miller-4 wrote
>> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 00:26:04 -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>>> PhilipNienhuis wrote

>>> help.
>>> year

>>> I just tried pushing a minor fix to the mapping package repo and that
>>> works
>>> fine.
>>> So it looks like the io package repo on the server side has an issue.
>>
>> So do you always push over HTTPS, not SSH?
>
> Yes I've always pushed over HTTPS, never saw issues like this.
>

>> My hg URL for SourceForge is typically
>>
>>   ssh://
>
>> USERNAME@.sf
>
>> /p/octave/REPONAME
>>
>> You might try both SSH and HTTPS and see which works better for you.
>>
>> I find SourceForge unbelievelably slow and unreliable these days, but
>> sporadically, and I don't think I've ever seen a HTTP 500 on a push or a
>> pull.
>
> SF never had a snappy response but lately it is, indeed at times, very
> very
> slow.
>
> The fact that I can push w/o issue to another package repo looks a bit
> suspicious.
> Anyway I just filed a ticket with SF (#17467), let's see what comes out of
> it.

The SF folks ran "hg recover" and things are OK now.

Philip