Help to make the Command line mouse compatible!

Help to make the Command line mouse compatible!

Harendra Fernando
Hi Octave developers,

Firstly, I appreciate your effort to make Octave available. And Thank you!

I  recently installed Ocatve in a Windows 10 64-bit machine. I can not select text using the mouse in the command line (command window).

I saw this command line mouse compatible issue has been sorted (see below).

But I could not find any instructions/guide lines or advice to fix this issue.

I am grateful if you could let me know the instructions or direct me to the correct site to find the instructions.

Best Regards
Julian

--
Julian Fernando

Australia

Re: Help to make the Command line mouse compatible!

John Frain
On 25 June 2017 at 11:14, Harendra Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Octave developers,
>
> Firstly, I appreciate your effort to make Octave available. And Thank you!
>
> I  recently installed Ocatve in a Windows 10 64-bit machine. I can not
> select text using the mouse in the command line (command window).
>
> I saw this command line mouse compatible issue has been sorted (see below).
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=45003
>
> But I could not find any instructions/guide lines or advice to fix this
> issue.
>
> I am grateful if you could let me know the instructions or direct me to the
> correct site to find the instructions.

Appears to works for me, without any special instructions, on this PC
with 64-bit windows 10 and Octave 4.2.0

> Best Regards
> Julian
>

> --
> Julian Fernando
>
> Australia

John C Frain, Ph.D.

Economics Department             3 Aranleigh Park
Trinity College Dublin                 Rathfarnham
College Green                           Dublin 14
Dublin 2                                    Ireland
Ireland
www.tcd.ie/Economics/staff/frainj/home.htm
mailto:[hidden email]
mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Help to make the Command line mouse compatible!

mmuetzel
Hi Julian,

I am also seeing the behaviour that is described in the bug report on Windows 10 64-bit with Octave 4.2.1 and a fairly recent dev.
To make things clear: I can select (and copy) text from the command line. However, the selected text is not deleted when hitting any key.

The bug report you referenced (and the patch provided there) applies to Linux only. The command window on Windows has a different implementation, and the bug would need a separate patch there. I cannot find a bug report for the issue with selected text in the command window not being overwritten for Windows platforms.

If you open a new bug report on savannah for this issue, you might find someone that is interested in fixing this for Windows (or go ahead and fix it yourself). No guarantees given however, given the fact that the patch for Linux is sitting on the tracker for almost exactly 2 years now...

Best regards
Markus