How can I add tabs to strings in Octave plot

RT

How can I add tabs to strings in Octave plot

RT
How can I add tabs to strings in Octave plot see code below. It doesn't create a tab

Also it produces warning messages

warning: text_renderer: skipping missing glyph for character '9'
warning: called from
    annotation>update_textbox at line 1080 column 11
    annotation at line 248 column 7

    clf
    plot(0:0)
    var=456
    t1='Signal ';
    t2=[char(9), 'Max Freq'];
    t3=[char(10), 'nextline',num2str(var)];
    str=strcat(t1,t2,t3);
    annotation('textbox',...
    [0.15 0.65 0.3 0.15],...
    'String',{str},...
    'FontSize',14,...
    'FontName','Arial',...
    'LineStyle','--',...
    'EdgeColor',[1 1 0],...
    'LineWidth',2,...
    'BackgroundColor',[0.9  0.9 0.9],...
    'Color',[0.84 0.16 0]);

Ps:  I'm using Octave 4.2.2 on Ubuntu 18.04 64bit

Re: How can I add tabs to strings in Octave plot

mmuetzel
> How can I add tabs to strings in Octave plot see code below. It doesn't
create a tab

Our text renderer doesn't support tabs yet. Could you please open a bug
report about this on savannah?
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

Thanks
Markus