How to execute exe files and store returned values?

How to execute exe files and store returned values?

r1f1
I'm have a program write in c++ and as it says in the title I want to call
this program from octave and store the values that I pass. I'm newbie with
octave and doing a general search I found the command: system and some
others in gnu documentaion 36.5 Controlling Subprocesses, but they didn't
works for me or I don't understand how they works.

Re: How to execute exe files and store returned values?

Andreas Weber-6
Am 24.11.18 um 12:33 schrieb r1f1:
> I'm have a program write in c++ and as it says in the title I want to call
> this program from octave and store the values that I pass. I'm newbie with
> octave and doing a general search I found the command: system and some
> others in gnu documentaion 36.5 Controlling Subprocesses, but they didn't
> works for me or I don't understand how they works.

Why didn't they work as you've expected them to do?
You should start describing what parameter your "program" wants and how
it replies and what you've tried so far and why the result didn't met
your expectations.

-- Andy

Re: How to execute exe files and store returned values?

r1f1
Andreas Weber-6 wrote
> Am 24.11.18 um 12:33 schrieb r1f1:
>

> Why didn't they work as you've expected them to do?
> You should start describing what parameter your "program" wants and how
> it replies and what you've tried so far and why the result didn't met
> your expectations.
>
> -- Andy

Ok, I explained very bad. The program in c++ will show positions (x,y) from
an object trough a camera in real time and I want to store this positions,
in real time, in a program from octave, I don't know how this comunication
is posible.

Re: How to execute exe files and store returned values?

Sergei Steshenko

On Saturday, November 24, 2018, 6:33:38 PM GMT+2, r1f1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Andreas Weber-6 wrote

> Am 24.11.18 um 12:33 schrieb r1f1:
>

> Why didn't they work as you've expected them to do?
> You should start describing what parameter your "program" wants and how
> it replies and what you've tried so far and why the result didn't met
> your expectations.
>
> -- Andy

Ok, I explained very bad. The program in c++ will show positions (x,y) from
an object trough a camera in real time and I want to store this positions,
in real time, in a program from octave, I don't know how this comunication
is posible.

It is still not clear what you really need/want.

You might need IPC (Inter-Process Communications).

I do not work under Windows. Under Linux a known way to exchange data is using shared memory.

Another way to organize IPC regardless of OS is sockets. And also named pipes.

Now that you have the keywords you can perform web search and try various implementations.

--Sergei.