How to open octave 3.8 GUI?

leibo
Hi

I am realy new to Octave, and want to use the GUI of the new 3.8 version. I have installed octave on windows 8, what should I do in order to open the GUI?

Thanks!

Re: How to open octave 3.8 GUI?

vinukn
Try octave --force-gui  -i in command prompt.

Re: How to open octave 3.8 GUI?

vinukn
Are you using mxe build of octave? It does not work with windows 8.

Re: How to open octave 3.8 GUI?

vinukn
octave --force-gui  -i --line-editing work for me.

Re: How to open octave 3.8 GUI?

Philip Nienhuis
vinukn wrote
Are you using mxe build of octave? It does not work with windows 8.
That's intriguing.

I ran 3.7.7+ with GUI on Win 8 (until we had to reinstall Win7as other applications didn't yet run in Win8).

All I had to do is adapt the Properties (right click on the desktop or Start menu item (if you use a Start menu add-in, like e.g. Iobit) and add the -i --line-editing flag.
Make sure you call octave-gui.exe rather than octave.

Philip